Sunday, June 23, 2013

The 10-minute martini

Photo courtesy of Chandler's.
I'm not going to write a lot about the 10-minute martini, because the best description comes from the inventor, who now plies his expert trade at Chandler's in Boise. Just go to this web link and read all about it. I'm going to describe what it's like to sip one.

Perfection.

There are several versions, but Kathleen and I both like the Vesper, which contains Plymouth gin, Blue Sky potato vodka (made in Rigby, Idaho), Lillet (a fortified French wine), a dash of orange bitters and, of course, vermouth, with a twist instead of olives.

Kathleen doesn't care much for gin and I'm not a big fan of vodka, but this martini is, well, it's perfect; silky smooth, perfectly chilled, an ideal and gentle combination of liquors. By gentle, I mean not harsh. I don't mean it doesn't pack a punch.

Recommendation: Unless you plan to plant your butt in your chair for most of the evening, have just one. I'm not kidding. Tell Pat that Kathleen and Roger sent you.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go
    for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any suggestions? Thank you!

    Also visit my web-site Aya Waska freshest reggae video "SEME !" - cannabis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blog for the pleasure of writing and sharing. Only high-profile bloggers with unique information to share can expect to charge for access.

      Delete